SeedsHereNow - Forum
SeedsHereNow - Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oregon Outdoor Journal - Seattle Chronic - Purple Sugar Apple
Well, The Adventure starts today. 

I received my assigned test pack today. It is the Seattle Chronic strain of  "Purple Sugar Apple."

I love the purples!

BTW, That TH seed on the left is number 3 of the French Macaroon I've been able to collect!!! Going to have to try that one soon.

Looking forward to getting into it in the coming months. I titled the thread to make it easy to see what I'm up to.
I plan to focus on organic nutrients and pest controls.
I will be open about all aspects of my grow, feel free to ask questions as we go through the season.
Being outdoors, why so early you ask? Well I'm working thru this years harvest pondering the "what if's" of the season and starting the plan for next year.
I have 20 yards of Mushroom Compost on order for a landscaping/lawn improvement project that will impact the grow space. Nice how that worked out. But it also needs time to get worked in before planting time.

By the time planting takes place I should be retired and either fishing or gardening. 
Lots of changes since the 80's and with legalization, so much information available. No more dependence on the few seeds you scraped together from bags of weed, hoping for a good one.
All genetics in my garden are from Seeds Here Now. I was lucky enough to stumble onto them in a google search. Being local is great, and the selection had me spending too much time searching out strains and selecting what I wanted to try out.

This year's garden was reasonably successful. My wife seems happy with the results, big win there. Smile 

Well back to work, bud to trim. 

I will update the plans shortly as we review what other genetics will repeat in the garden.
I invite you to follow along, or better yet grab some seeds and grow along with me. 

See ya soon,
Rick
Took some time this weekend to get all my water buckets, drying nets and measuring tools washed and bleached. Squeaky clean and ready for the next time they are needed. Anyone else do this seasonal cleaning?
Very excited to watch your grow. Thank you so much for doing this. Now that my son has moved out of the house, I am going to start to do my own indoor grow. It's not that I didn't trust him, I just didn't trust his asshole friends. LOL! What all did you have in this year garden? What did you use?

**edit**
I found the thread where you went over all this stuff. Never mind...
Heart 
(10-17-2020, 04:33 PM)Rick Wrote: Well, The Adventure starts today. 

I received my assigned test pack today. It is the Seattle Chronic strain of  "Purple Sugar Apple."

I love the purples! 

BTW, That TH seed on the left is number 3 of the French Macaroon I've been able to collect!!! Going to have to try that one soon.

Looking forward to getting into it in the coming months. I titled the thread to make it easy to see what I'm up to.
I plan to focus on organic nutrients and pest controls.
I will be open about all aspects of my grow, feel free to ask questions as we go through the season.
Being outdoors, why so early you ask? Well I'm working thru this years harvest pondering the "what if's" of the season and starting the plan for next year.
I have 20 yards of Mushroom Compost on order for a landscaping/lawn improvement project that will impact the grow space. Nice how that worked out. But it also needs time to get worked in before planting time.

By the time planting takes place I should be retired and either fishing or gardening. 
Lots of changes since the 80's and with legalization, so much information available. No more dependence on the few seeds you scraped together from bags of weed, hoping for a good one.
All genetics in my garden are from Seeds Here Now. I was lucky enough to stumble onto them in a google search. Being local is great, and the selection had me spending too much time searching out strains and selecting what I wanted to try out.

This year's garden was reasonably successful. My wife seems happy with the results, big win there. Smile 

Well back to work, bud to trim. 

I will update the plans shortly as we review what other genetics will repeat in the garden.
I invite you to follow along, or better yet grab some seeds and grow along with me. 

See ya soon,
Rick
Rob,
And I also did a TH Auto bubble gum, it was in a deck pot, turned out nicely, lacks volume but it was a cute accent on the deck.
Right now the
Seattle Chronic Purple Sugar Apple
Humboldt Vanilla Frosting (evening time) and the Royal Highness (get shit done time)
Are locks for the upcoming grow.
I am seriously thinking about adding the TH Heavy Duty Fruity and another auto started in Mid May just to see how it does, an early/mid August harvest would be a trip.

Here's a link to my 2020 grow thread.

https://seedsherenow.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2912
Well slow week with harvest trimming and work. Was going to save this for later but someone may benefit from it so here it comes.
I was looking at flowers and trying to find a better way to view their ripeness.
I found this.
USB Microscope...

The pictures could be better, but that's on me and the wind. I would have a beautiful view and go to click for a pic and move the scope. But before that WOW what a view. Plugs into my cell phone for easy viewing.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

So, probably a good time for more background.
I walked away from my youthful pursuits 20+ years ago to focus on my career. Allot changed while I was away.
I am an OMMP(Oregon Medical Marijuana Program) participant. This give me more latitude in growing and possession.
I found out I have a couple friends who are managing some life caused pain issues that selective use has helped in their day to day functionality and quality of life.
Not the kind of perspective I had back in my youth about getting stoned and couch lock. It was a bit of an eye opener.
Strains and genetics have really blossomed since legalization. And window shopping at SHN is exceptional.

So I grow because I can legally, and I get to share with friends in need.
Photo 
Well this week I spent time researching and shopping for my nutrients for the upcoming grow. Reefermattness was helpful in having used Roots Organic already.
My time at Healthy Harvest in Hillsboro talking with Ty had me looking at it as well. I have gotten my hands on one of their product catalogs and was comparing the Terp Tea and the Uprising lines. I was wanting to go Dry for stabile storage.
So I went to to the source, I called Aurora Innovations for advice. Their salesman called me back and was extremely helpful. I told him what I was thinking and he walked me through the options, highlighting the benefits of each. So I zeroed in on the Terp Tea line. The kind of customer support I received gave me a really good feeling about this company and their focus on the customer experience. I can't say this about inquiries I have made about other products I have been looking at.

So I got an Oregon Seed Bank, an Oregon Nutrient supplier, and me, an Oregon grower. Does it get any better? I'm starting to smell some Oregon Green in the wind... Or my mind could be playing tricks on me...Smile

I found Aqua Serene in Eugene to be a source that had the entire line in stock and at a good price even with shipping. So I committed to the entire line including the microbe charge.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Well been busy but quiet.
Have treated the yard and grow area with Lime.
Still looking at nutrients, had originally thought of 2 systems side by side, maybe maybe not.
Mushroom compost should be delivered in the next few days.
Trying to decide whether to add worms now or wait until closer to the grow season.
Yes, I have worms in the yard, but was thinking of supplementing them with a couple pounds of red wigglers. Worm farm about 7 -10 miles away.
Anyone else supplement their grow with worms?
Well I received the Mushroom Compost delivery. Wow it was a little fresher than I anticipated.... Aromatic, it will need some time.... Good thing I got an early start on it.
So this is a view of the grow area facing west, I have a great southern exposure. And 15 yards of compost, I really didn't need the other 5 I had planned for originally.

The work begins, I will move the bulk of the pile into a pile near the grow area to let it work, I will top dress the front yard just to gauge the impact now and then start spreading it out as the weather gets wetter and will top dress the garden area and reserve a good bit to work in with the rototiller with perlite in the planting sites (holes) a couple weeks or more prior to moving the plants outside.

I plan on running a filter test using filters for removing chlorine and crud from water when you fill your RV tank from a faucet. filter and chlorine test strips are on the way. My job looks to be lasting longer than planned and retirement could be delayed so I was thinking of a drip system, but chlorine would screw the pooch on my organic nutes. Yes I have the time to water in the mornings, but I would like to have some flexibility

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)