SeedsHereNow - Forum
SeedsHereNow - Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oregon Outdoor Journal - Seattle Chronic - Purple Sugar Apple
Pinkleberry is dry and trimming begins. Very happy with this strain. The rest are drying nicely, the drying area was much better as the weather got cooler.
Here are a few pics of the Pinkleberry as I was getting starting on the finish. Got some jars curing now and just a bit left to trim of it.
Gassy, gooey and a very smooth burner.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Well, I'm done with the Pinkleberry and into the Gelato Cake now. So the Gelato Cake is very sticky, getting good responses from those who have tested it. It is a couple points higher in humidity than the Pinkleberry was but it is curing nicely and I love burping the jars.
Going in and dumping all the stem possible, had some really nice branches but I'm taking any branch that isn't perfect and cutting them down to the individual buds.

Back in a couple days with more pics of some other strains. Loving the aromas of the season...

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

OKAY, here are a couple Purple Sugar Apples pics. Like the look and smell of the buds.
So, I think it is time to close out this year's grow journal. It's been quite a year, lots of fun for me. I hope those who read got something out of it as well.
Thanks to Seeds Here Now for the opportunity.

Take Care and happy growing

Rick

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

(06-25-2021, 06:28 PM)Rick Wrote: Well vacation was good. Had an issue pop up, our hanging flower baskets from a commercial green house came with guests.... They are only 10 feet away from the garden and I assumed the worst was about to happen so I took all the flowers and deck pots to the front yard and sprayed heavily to squash the infestation before it spread. It made a sizable dent and the baskets are recovering. I did not spray the plants in the garden as I was unable to spot aphids on them. Ordered up 25k of green lace wing eggs. sprinkled them on the girls and baskets alike. So optimism in place and the watchful eye is focused on any movement. I did pick up lost coast plant therapy just in case as it is low risk to the mantis population I released as egg cases earlier this spring. There were signs of hatching, but they are pretty small yet so the lace wings are backup to them.
The plants themselves had me worrying about ever getting busy with growing, but signs of new growth are popping up and hopes of a real harvest are building. I was near thinking this season would be a lost. I learned a couple important things this year, take what you got and run with it rather than jeopardizing it all over one damn plant that won't declare itself, too patient. I need to be more patient with other things and relax a bit, this is supposed to be fun. And it is when things are performing as expected.
The autos are looking good, and the all outdoor set was put in dirt to sprout on the 15th. They are up and looking lively.

Take care out there it's getting hot. Stay hydrated.
Hi Rick,
Just checking out your journal now and its been cool to read through. I had an aphid problem with one of my plants this year . . . didn't even notice until like 5 weeks into flower and it was bad . . . the buggers seemed to just like the one plant- skunkband v2 by dominion seed company. It was real close to Pinebomb, munson, also by dominon, black lotus x vortex from duke diamonds vault, agent orange by tga, air rage by sagemasta select, alien tarantula by obsoleet genetics and all those plants were completely clean. Skunkband had every budding branch and petiole completely covered with em. I was most excited about that plant too, turns out so were the aphids. I'll have to try out the lacewigs this year if I run into the problem again. . . I pretty much just called it a loss for that plant unfortunately but i'll be more vigilant this year. Happy new year.
(01-13-2022, 09:31 AM)DeeSol Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 06:28 PM)Rick Wrote: Well vacation was good. Had an issue pop up, our hanging flower baskets from a commercial green house came with guests.... They are only 10 feet away from the garden and I assumed the worst was about to happen so I took all the flowers and deck pots to the front yard and sprayed heavily to squash the infestation before it spread. It made a sizable dent and the baskets are recovering. I did not spray the plants in the garden as I was unable to spot aphids on them. Ordered up 25k of green lace wing eggs. sprinkled them on the girls and baskets alike. So optimism in place and the watchful eye is focused on any movement. I did pick up lost coast plant therapy just in case as it is low risk to the mantis population I released as egg cases earlier this spring. There were signs of hatching, but they are pretty small yet so the lace wings are backup to them.
The plants themselves had me worrying about ever getting busy with growing, but signs of new growth are popping up and hopes of a real harvest are building. I was near thinking this season would be a lost. I learned a couple important things this year, take what you got and run with it rather than jeopardizing it all over one damn plant that won't declare itself, too patient. I need to be more patient with other things and relax a bit, this is supposed to be fun. And it is when things are performing as expected.
The autos are looking good, and the all outdoor set was put in dirt to sprout on the 15th. They are up and looking lively.

Take care out there it's getting hot. Stay hydrated.
Hi Rick,
Just checking out your journal now and its been cool to read through. I had an aphid problem with one of my plants this year . . . didn't even notice until like 5 weeks into flower and it was bad . . . the buggers seemed to just like the one plant- skunkband v2 by dominion seed company. It was real close to Pinebomb, munson, also by dominon, black lotus x vortex from duke diamonds vault, agent orange by tga, air rage by sagemasta select, alien tarantula by obsoleet genetics and all those plants were completely clean. Skunkband had every budding branch and petiole completely covered with em. I was most excited about that plant too, turns out so were the aphids. I'll have to try out the lacewigs this year if I run into the problem again. . . I pretty much just called it a loss for that plant unfortunately but i'll be more vigilant this year. Happy new year.
Glad you are enjoying the read. Happy to see someone is Smile
I get my lacewings and mantis from Arbico Organics, they ship quick.
I got to use the lost coast plant therapy, very happy with it, I plan to add it as a late season preventative next year. Just a couple doses prior to flower.
I also tried the bud washing and found it helpful at reducing crud in the bud (bugs, dirt, pine needles, etc.) I may have lost a few trichromes, but it appeared minimal under microscope from my before and after pics I took.
The smoke produced with and without wash was very different, if I lost potency washing, the smoothness of the draw more than made up for it.
I would love to hear how the Alien Tarantula turns out, I got a few as a freebie and haven't found the time to grow it yet.