SeedsHereNow - Forum
SeedsHereNow - Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purple Dahlia
Hey Duke, Dominion Seed co, er'one, shn, fellow cultivators,

Have a question on the Purple Dahlia "Stress notes":
  • Stress Notes- The 88G13 hashplant recessive pheno pops up rarely but its noted she reacts the same to humic acid as the original clone. If humic is supplemented it will without doubt cause herm flowers at node points. One of the best plants other than this one issue. Avoid the humic to save money.
I'm a newish (first year growing, 4 harvests) and my questions are on the Humic acids supplement issue.

This humic sensitive pheno is rare, but if this pheno shows - I run Nectar for the Gods line some which contain humic acids as well as MicrobeLife products that also contain humic acids. 

When Dominion Seed Co. found this pheno sensitivity, what were the humic acids amendments that caused the hermaphroditism? 

any feedback greatly appreciated.

-pipe
Hey Pipe, 

I picked up a pack of Purple Dahlia at the Indo Expo a couple months back. 

Certainly don't want to speak for anyone at Dominion Seed Co, but they told me just to avoid humic acid to be safe. 

If your looking for an alternate a humic acid free microbial life amendment, I've used Great White Mycorrhizal and like it a lot. I've also heard good things about Root Wise. 

I do TLO growing so unfortunately I don't have any recommendations on alternate nutrients. 

When you pop those I'd love to hear about your experience. 

Happy Growing,
Prometheus
(04-01-2019, 09:54 AM)Prometheus Wrote: Hey Pipe, 

I picked up a pack of Purple Dahlia at the Indo Expo a couple months back. 

Certainly don't want to speak for anyone at Dominion Seed Co, but they told me just to avoid humic acid to be safe. 

If your looking for an alternate a humic acid free microbial life amendment, I've used Great White Mycorrhizal and like it a lot. I've also heard good things about Root Wise. 

I do TLO growing so unfortunately I don't have any recommendations on alternate nutrients. 

When you pop those I'd love to hear about your experience. 

Happy Growing,
Prometheus

Thanks for the reply. 
I'm going to pop KoughDrop first, I think this summer. 

Sounds like TLO / no till would be the way to go - probably a little ways away for me. Not ready to switch it up....yet Wink Still confusing
about avoiding Humic acids. If you are in TLO, do you not add teas or worm castings?

I use Bigfoot concentrate as my watered in Mycorhizzal inoculant, know full well it has humic acids in the mix. Also use Bio-Ag VAM, 
but not sure about that. 

Wondering who gets this pheno....really interested in how it grows.

peace
Always a good idea to inoculate your soil with some fresh high quality EW Castings to get the micro-biology kicked off. 

As far as the teas go, it depends. If you have a good water only soil (currently using one from Kis Organics) then no teas are necessary, once you've got your soil inoculated your off to the races and only need to water. That being said, I hit mine with a light tea every 2 weeksish. 

On the other hand if your running a less nutrient dense soil then your going to need to supplement with some nutrient rich teas. 

Happy Growing,
Prometheus